INNER LINE PERMIT (ILP) FOR DOMESTIC TOURISTS.
A word of caution since the entire Arunachal Pradesh falls under restricted area due to sensitive & strategically important border with neighbouring countries as such official permission from Government of Arunachal Pradesh is required to enter the state, therefore all the visitors other than the native of Arunachal Pradesh are required to obtain an inner line Permit (ILP) to enter Arunachal Pradesh. ILP related detail informations/issues can be accessed in the website www.arunchalilp.com for the information to the tourist. As the permit is granted as a routine for the tourists therefore it should not deter the tourist coming to Arunachal Pradesh. Inner Line Permits are generally issued by the Secretary (Political) Government of Arunachal Pradesh for the entire State but respective Deputy Commissioners and Additional Deputy Commissioners are also empowered to issue such permits in their respective Districts. ILPs can also be obtained from Resident Commissioner’s office/Deputy Resident Commissioner and Liaison officer’s offices as mentioned below:-
- The Resident Commissioner office,Govt of Arunachal Pradesh, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi , 011-23792895/23013915
- The Deputy Resident Commissioner office, Govt of Arunachal Pradesh, CE-109/110, Sector-1 Salt Lake,Kolkata 700064, 033-23213627/23593097
- Deputy Residence Commissioner office,Guwahati,Govt of Arunachal Pradesh, Arunachal Bhawan Rukminigaon,near Manasa Mandir, Dispur,Guwahati-22 0361-2229506/2229565
- Deputy Resident Commissioner office, Shillong, Govt of Arunachal Pradesh, Arunachal Bhawan old AP Secretariat building, G S Road Shillong-1, Meghalaya 0364-2224247/2506470
- Deputy Resident Commissioner office, Govt of Arunachal Pradesh Parvatinagar,Tezpur, Assam 03712-260141
- Additional Resident Commissioner office,Govt of Arunachal Pradesh Mohanbari 0373-2382738
- Deputy Resident Commissioner, Govt of Arunachal Pradesh, Jorhat Assam 0376-2340173
Note:- However temporary ILPs are also issued at entry gates wherever tourist facilitation centres are available or wherever Extra Assistant Commissioners (EAC) offices are available but it is always advisable to obtain ILP in advance to have last minute hitch.
PROTECTED AREA PERMIT (PAP) FOR FOREIGN TOURISTS :-
Foreign tourists in group of 2 or more persons can obtain PAP for a period of 30 days from the following offices:
- Govt of India Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi
- The Resident Commissioner office, Govt of Arunachal Pradesh, Kautilya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi , 011-23014136/23792895/23013915
- The commissioner Home Govt of Arunachal Pradesh Itanagar-791111
- Commissioner and Secretary (Tourism), Govt of Arunachal Pradesh Itanagar-791111
Note:- Foreign Tourists visiting Arunachal Pradesh shall have to pay USD $ 50 per head as royalty to the Govt of Arunachal Pradesh and application for PAP are to be applied through the local approved tour operators only.